We’re no-nonsense, straight forward, big picture people over here. We won’t try to throw up fireworks to distract you, but we may dazzle you anyway. We are communications professionals with a passion for social media. We believe in transparency and authenticity. We treasure your ideas and your brand. We solve your social media conundrums. We believe in best practices like those recommended by Social Media Club. Come ride our wave – there are no sharks in our waters.
Akamai Marketing’s most unique offering! Baffled by social media and just can’t decide how to separate the pros from the amateurs? Or maybe you aren’t sure what the skill set should be for an internal candidate. Either way, let us help you identify your needs so you can identify your best internal options or a local consultant that suit your needs. We take ourselves out of the running to give you a holistic and agnostic view of your goals while helping you identify which social media pros adhere to best practices.
- Creation of goals based on current social media stage
- Assist with RFP development
- Best practice identification
- 3 local or national Social media professional recommendations based on your needs
- 4-5 page report of social media best practices customized for your industry
This is for the company that is either getting started or recently started with a social media presence. Together we’ll review your existing resources and evaluate where and how your social media presence should happen moving forward. You’ll receive a 4-5 page report with recommendations and best practices. This is a great starting point and can be combined with other packages such as Content Marketing, Engagement and Campaigns.
- Creation of sustainable, tools-agnostic strategies designed to integrate social media into business objectives
- Review of how competitors on Hawaii and mainland are using social media and what we can learn
- Based on Akamai Marketing’s adaptation of the FLIRT method.
- Focus on how to “be” social, not just “do” social
- Includes brand identification
- Fully measurable, with success metrics identified and dashboards created
- Community building recommendations
- Social media best practices 101
Timeline: ~60 days
Before you develop a campaign or develop key metrics, a social media audit can give you a baseline of where you are and what you can improve moving forward.
- Thorough examination of existing social media profiles and outposts
- Analysis of competitor social media profiles and outposts
- Share of voice evaluation and comparison
- Identification of strengths, shortcomings, and best practices in design, humanization, calls to action, and content
- Often include review of other digital marketing elements such as search, usability, and email marketing
Timeline: ~30 days
Without engagement, you aren’t really making the most of your social media efforts. You’ll learn about how to maximize your discussions and create discussions using time saving tools available today!
- Social Media Dashboard Set-Up
- Accurately (listening) track and monitor company mentions, key execs or other potential discussions
- Accurately track and monitor competitor or industry discussions
- Develop key responses to discussions about your company or product
- Key influencer identification
- Track and monitor mentions based on engagement type (question, complaint, praise)
Soo! You’ve done it now – your “doing” social media..but what ARE you going to say?
- Identify company stories, and internal places for stories (often including blog strategy)
- Voice development checklist+recommendations
- Create storytelling editorial calendar, and determine appropriate social media platforms
- Identify external sources for content creation
- Optimize content sharing and social media time savers.
- Execution of content program and corresponding social media elements also available.
Timeline: ~45 days, then ongoing support
Make today’s social media audience sit up and pay attention. Develop a creative campaign and integrate it with your existing programs and platforms.
- Creation of social media “brainstorming” and campaign ideas.
- Integrate social media with existing marketing programs.
- Fully articulated programs, including timelines, budgets, success metrics
Timeline: ~30 days, campaign management optional
Social Media Scorecards and Key Metrics
We’ll review your current objectives and help you develop your key metrics. You’ll receive a report with a 30-day review of your current activities from which to develop a baseline and recommendations on what you should track and how.
- Learn what metrics to track and how to track them
- Receive recommendations on where to access the most useful key metrics
- Develop an on-going score card for presentation to C-suite or key metrics evaluation
- Creation of data gathering and reporting systems
- Listening programs and recommendations
- Design and implementation of dashboards
Timeline: ~30 days
Social Media Implementation and Operations Retainers
Sometimes you don’t need it all in a package. Maybe you just want some one to call on for advice. Maybe you just need a refresher course on best practices or ongoing brainstorming. This is a flexible group of options for those companies who are already functioning at a high-level of social media but just need to formalize their efforts.
- Social media implementation or implementation review
- Social media policy development
- Social media staff training and best practices
- Creation of listening and response programs
- On call advice and assistance
- Content (blog) writing and social sharing
- Social media monitoring and best practices recommendations
Timeline: Ongoing retainer
Social Media Mentoring and Training
- Personalized training from some of Honolulu’s most experienced social and SEO experts.
- One or two-day live training workshops on the five primary ways to use social media
- Includes training on social media strategic planning methodology, and success metrics identification
- Can also be conducted via series of Webinars
- Includes multiple small group breakouts and learning exercises
Timeline: 1-2 days or ongoing